Thinking about selling your practice?
Whether you're looking to retire or to continue practicing with Oak Street Health, we offer a solution that provides your patients access to top-notch care. We provide older adults access to the highest standard of healthcare in community-based primary care centers.
Request more information.
Why your patients will love Oak Street Health.
Our focus of preventative care means we go above and beyond to make sure you stay healthy and out of the hospital. That means we handle everything from medical, social, and even behavioral health in a safe and clean doctors office environment. Our primary care model connects patients to the right programs and resources for them. Making sure no one falls through the cracks. Other key benefits to patients:
- 2x more time with patients over national average
- 45% reduction in hospital visits
- Same and next-day appointments frequently available
- 24⁄7 Patient support line
- Transportation to-and-from appointments for eligible patients
Why 95% of providers recommend Oak Street Health as a great place to work.
Less time behind computers
Trained scribes document appointments and take notes so you can focus on face-to-face conversations with patients.
More time in front of patients
Appointment times are longer. Panel sizes are smaller. You’re encouraged to see patients as frequently as you deem necessary.
Quality of care over R.V.U.s
Bonuses are based on patient outcomes and providing excellent care, not how many patients you see per day. Recipient of AMA Joy in Medicine Award.
What our patients say.
- MichaelPatient Survey"Everyone was very kind caring and helpful. The office was very clean and well staffed. My nurse practitioner Vera Arnold was very nice and cared to listen to me. I’m new to Oak Street and would definitely recommend them for family and friends health needs. thank you And God Bless our Health Care Workers Mike Garrett"
- MaryPatient Survey"As always my visit was great, for a doctor's visit I'm always smiling because there isn't a depressed person in there, there are smiling when I walk in the doorand when I leave. Contiguous. I forget how much I hate going to the doctors."
- Who is a typical Oak Street Health patient?
Oak Street Health is a network of primary care centers for Medicare-eligible patients. Most of our patients are 65 and older and roughly 40% of our patients are dual-eligibles (e.g., Medicare and Medicaid).
- What kind of providers does Oak Street Health hire?
Our team includes internists, family physicians, geriatricians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, podiatrists and behavioral health specialists.
- How many patients do Oak Street Health providers see each day?
On average, Oak Street Health providers see 15-18 patients per day. This compares to over 30 patients per day for the average primary care practice.
- What would my day-to-day be like at Oak Street Health?
You’ll work in a team-based environment. Typical teams include a physician and/or nurse practitioner supported by a licensed care social worker, nurse and medical assistant. A scribe with advanced training in population health and medical documentation supports providers during appointments. Transition nurses assist with hospitalized patients, and the Oak Street Health Chronic Care Team offers support for house calls and other services for our highest risk patients.
Recent articlesView All
- Value-based care revolves around the idea of improving healthcare quality for patients and preventing problems before they begin.
How Oak Street Health’s Value-Based Care Structure is Bolstering Health Equity in Underserved CommunitiesOak Street Health is creating a new standard of care in communities that have been underserved for far too long while at the same time creating opportunity and connections for patients and their families.