Oak Street Health

Vascular Disease Doctor Near Me

Looking for a new doctor in your area who can help diagnose and treat vascular diseases such as peripheral arterial disease? With Oak Street locations across the country, you won't have to travel far to get the vascular care you need. Our doctors are ready to listen to your health concerns and questions and to provide you with a medical plan based on your diagnosis.

Become a patient.

Disclosure: I agree that Oak Street Health (and its affiliates, agents, contractors, and partners) may contact me by email, phone or text message for any purpose, including calls placed using automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice. This includes (but is not limited to) texts or calls for marketing purposes. This consent is not a condition of using our products or services. I agree to Oak Street Health’s Text Messaging Terms and Conditions. You may opt-out at anytime. To opt-out of text messages, respond to a text with “STOP”. Message and data rates may apply.


Find a doctor

What type of doctor treats vascular disease?

The doctor you see may depend on the type of vascular disease you have. You’ll generally start by seeing your primary care physician. You may then either be referred to a vascular specialist, who specializes in the disorders of blood vessels, or a cardiologist, who specializes in the heart and circulatory system.

Our approach isn’t one-size-fits-all. We spend more time with our patients than other primary care physicians would to ensure you get the care you need.

Our patient relations managers help guide you through the insurance process and ensure you get the most out of your insurance benefits.

Call us with questions for your doctor, to arrange prescription refills or to book your next appointment.

Common questions

  • What hospitals do you work with?

    We work with any area hospitals that accept your insurance.

  • What if I’m not sure I want to change doctors right now?

    You're welcome to visit before you decide if Oak Street Health is right for you. Call (888) 812-1183 to learn more.

  • Who can become an Oak Street Health patient?

    Our doctors specialize caring for anyone with Medicare, including Original Medicare Part B, select Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare Supplement or Medigap plans and Medicare-Medicaid Plans.

  • How do I or a family member become an Oak Street Health patient?

    Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Medicare doctor near you and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.

  • What insurance does Oak Street Health accept?

    We accept all forms of Medicare, including Original Medicare Part B, select Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare Supplement or Medigap plans and Medicare-Medicaid Plans. Call us at (888) 812-1183 to see if we accept your specific insurance.

What is vascular disease?

Vascular disease is any condition that affects your circulatory system, a system of blood vessels. Diseases of your arteries, lymph vessels, veins, and blood disorders are all related to circulation. Common recognized vascular diseases include peripheral arterial disease (PAD), which occurs when the hardening of the arteries causes plaque buildup; carotid artery disease (stroke), when the main blood vessels of the brain develop a buildup of plaque; and abdominal aortic aneurysm, a bulge that develops in the largest artery in the abdomen. Symptoms and causes of vascular disease depend on the condition. PAD, for example, may cause leg pain. Lymphedema may cause swelling in the arms or legs. Consult your doctor if you’re experiencing any unusual, painful, or persistent symptoms.

What kind of doctor treats vascular disease?

Many kinds of physicians treat vascular or circulatory diseases, including cardiologists, vascular specialists or vascular surgeons, cardiac surgeons, and primary care physicians. As a first step, you can see your primary care physician who may refer you to a specialist depending on your symptoms. Other health care providers who may be involved in the treatment of vascular disease include nurse practitioners, nutritionists or dietitians, and nurses with specialized training.

What should I ask my doctor if I’m diagnosed with vascular disease?

If you’re diagnosed with vascular disease, there are several questions you can ask your doctor depending on the type of condition. You may want to ask how your medical history may impact how the disease affects your body and any treatment risks. If you have diabetes, you should discuss it with your doctor, as along with blood pressure and cholesterol, it can affect certain vascular diseases. Ask if you should go for a screening test, and which one. Talk to your doctor if you’re experiencing symptoms and/​or have risk factors for vascular disease. You can also ask about which medications you should take (if any), how to reduce your risk for stroke and heart attack, and how to quit smoking, which can be a major risk factor.

How to find a primary care doctor who can treat vascular disease at Oak Street Health?

We can help you find the right physicians to help diagnose and treat vascular disease. There are several different disorders related to vascular disease, so it’s important to identify your condition and get the help you need. Browse our large network of doctors and find a vascular disease physician in your neighborhood.

High cholesterol articles

View All

Get access to care, right in your neighborhood.